Friday, February 24, 2017

an empty space

On Monday we lost a friend of ours.
It was so cruel, so sudden, it has left us all gasping for breath.
The reality of her passing has not yet sunk in.
The space she has left is enormous and gaping.
There will always be a space where she should have been.
She left behind four children, whose pain I cannot even begin to imagine. 
For me personally she was a witness. She was one of the few people who knew me when I first moved here, another life time ago.
She was a witness to the changes in my life when my marriage broke down, she was a witness to the changes in my life as I came into myself and she was a witness to the changes in my life when I met and fell in love with Garry.
She always rooted for me, had a kind and supportive word and a radiant smile.
She will be missed always.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment