Monday, February 25, 2013

teeny, tiny bunny doll

Hello, sorry I've been away but life has been so full (in a good way) and also my camera battery was refusing to hold any charge so I was without it for a week or so. I got a new one today and will be boring you stupid with pictures of the dolls I have been working on for the last week or so (and I actually got loads done!)

Rebe has a very sweet and lovely pen friend that we are hoping to meet in person this spring. The pair of them send each other the sweetest letters and bits and pieces. Her mama saw the tiny bunny doll that I made a few weeks ago and wanted to know if I was thinking of making any more, so Rebe and I put our heads together and made this for Lily.
A felt egg, hand embroidered with so much care and love by Rebe and inside:
 a teeny, tiny bunny doll!

 She has a little wire frame so is pose-able. Her wee body is made of soft, soft brushed cotton and her bunny hat and tail is knitted out of white mohair. Her hat comes off and underneath she has a head of soft brown mohair :-)
Peek!
I hope that Lily will enjoy her as much as Rebe and I loved making her :-)

2 comments: