Friday, September 30, 2011

returning to centre

Oooff guys we have been sick! On Monday night Rebe and Benny and were struck down with a horrible, nasty v&d bug. Tuesday it was Joa's turn and Wednesday Andy's. It has wiped us out. I feel illness like this knocks us right off our axis'. We wobble and shake our way through the days of illness in a fog and it takes me a good few days to return to centre and to find our natural balance again.
But, we are on the other side of it now, we are sleeping again, eating and drinking and playing.


As always bouts of illness have brought development and growth. For poor old Benny this has been protracted, he had a full week of an ear infection and straight away after got sick with this bug. Has lost quite a lot of weight and adding that to a hair cut makes him look older. His language has also developed and he holds wonderful conversations and has become quite descriptive. Of course it is all in Benny's usual humorous way: We have a little visiting black cat coming to the garden and sharing Tiny's food with her, Rebe thinks 'Blacky' a good name but Benny came up with 'Smack-bum-Gilly'. Also, much to my amusement, I have discovered that Benny calls my bra 'stop- Joa-drinky-boob-all-the-time' ;-P

But all is returning to normal in the Angel household;


the duplo is out

as is the knitting.

As always Rebe has been crafting away.

This is a wee field mouse she cut from a magazine. She stuck him onto cardboard to make him stronger. She made him a home out of this box lined with some wool and wool stuffing and then made loads of nuts for him to nibble out of brown tissue paper crumpled up and sellotaped into balls.

At the moment he is living on our nature table in the kitchen...


Do you remember the apples Benny and I made a wee while ago? Well, they are for this felted tree. It's still not perfect or finished.

I wanted to make a centre piece for our natural table that we could add to as the seasons changed. I'm thinking of felting a wee pocket in the trunk for an owl. Perhaps the winter will bring hanging icicles of some form. The spring blossoms and root children.

(sorry the pictures not great - perhaps the camera is poorly too).



I also want to add that I am completely overwhelmed by the response to my Waldorf doll give away. I feel so flattered by you're wonderful comments and I am loving the names you are choosing. Keep the comments coming, there is still plenty of time to enter.


I hope that you are all well,

hugs x

5 comments:

  1. Take care as you are all recovering, lots of craft time is always good for when reserves are low.
    Your felted tree is looking lovely, something I keep meaning to do for the 4 seasons, haven't quite got around to it yet.

    have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have been unwell, we have been battling the lurgy bugs too! Your season table looks lovely

    take care

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are all feeling better now. It always amazes me how those developmental leaps happen after a short illness. Loving all your craftiness. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Laura, I am so sorry to hear you were sick- that is always such a difficult thing, when the whole family is sick! I am glad to hear you're on the mend!
    I appreciate what you say about children coming out of illness, and having developed new skills, I have always noticed that with my children.
    Benny is indeed looking older, but still he has that sweet little angel face! HANDSOME boy!
    That Rebe is always so incredibly clever! And I love your stripes, and am curious about what you are knitting?
    The children's play area looks so fresh and light!
    Love and hugs to you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all, we're all recovered now, thanks for your kind thoughts. Mel the knitting is a sweater for a friends son. It's a lovely stripe, Benny has a similar sweater that my mum made for him. hugs x

    ReplyDelete