Saturday, September 15, 2012

from our week...

I have been trying very hard to focus on living in the now, managing moment to moment, so I haven't had my camera with me a lot, but these are a few things I would like to share from the week:
A new board game an amazing find in a charity shop. We had this as children and I really loved it and boy do my kids love it too :-)

 New ways to play with the marble run:
 a pair of wee 11 inch sisters that I finished through the week.
 carrots in love:
 and trousers for Benny. Poor man has been in real need of trousers, having sprouted a few inches seemingly over night. My dear friend and neighbour gifted me her mother's fabric stash. Among the many treasures was a perfect amount of aqua cord:
 I lined them and added a wee dino-detail using a lovely cotton from another amazing gifted stash...
 Benny is delighted and between them, 2 repair jobs and up-cycling an old pair of handed down ladies trousers the boy is set for at least a few months :-)


7 comments:

  1. Those carrots are too funny. I love it when nature does things like that. (:

    I hear you on boys sprouting. My Imp shot up several inches in as many days and I've been working on new pants for him. All of his old pants are shockingly short now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! how does that happen that they grow so much over night!!

      Delete
  2. I know the feeling to try to be in the now, but times just flyes so its hard. But I belive if you/I are aware of it - than its good to.
    Love
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Bella, it definitely does help trying to be as present as possible, hugs x

      Delete
  3. I love seeing into your week, dear Laura! And I love those pants of Benny's! And his lamb vest still fits- yay!
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about that too today, I must dig out the picture of how long it was on him when I knitted it for him...what 2 and half years ago! he still loves it. I'm so pleased with the trousers, I'm getting so much more confident sewing for the kids now :-)

      Delete
  4. Ooh what lovely aqua fabric, you've done a grand job there! x

    ReplyDelete