Sunday, July 21, 2013

w'ur holiday ~ Bristol and home again

I don't have any more pictures of the actual things we did because my camera was on the blink but we visited the zoo, and a wild fowl sanctuary, we went swimming and shopping for shoes, we visited with special friends (where I got to hold a very precious 2 week old bundle), we went to a wonderful theater performance and we played and ate and drank. 

On our final weekend we had a family BBQ for my mum and dad who turned and turn 60 this year. It was so lovely. All three of my brothers were there and we cooked a kick-ass bbq for everyone. It was a lot of (middle-finger-showing) fun.

It was the first time in nearly 5 years that we were all together, it was very special!
my dear family
 The evenings were lovely too, when the wee ones were in bed I rocked it on the ukulele with my little brother Chris.
 He very patiently taught me several chords and now I am sporting wee mini ukulele callouses, and I think I have been bitten by the bug and will get one for myself.

The evenings when Chris had gone back home to Oxford I spent watching movies with my other little brother. He has a veritable cinema and I watched my first 3D movie. It was so nice to chill with him...and laugh my ass off to the silly movies we watched!

So we arrived home pretty tired as you can imagine and the garden was over grown and the house had needed cleaning before I even left. But a day setting everything straight and all was good and happy with being back in my beautiful house in my beautiful part of the world.


 We have spent the last few days in glorious sunshine, gardening, sticking lots of things into our scrap books,


 We have been to the beach a lot too because it is so beautiful and hot. My dear friend Lucy came to visit with her brood for a night.
Joa and his very special friend Ash
We had such a good holiday and we are also glad to be home!
And the great thing is there is still 6 weeks of fun before school starts back again :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your great holiday adventures. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer as much.

    ReplyDelete