Wednesday, April 17, 2013

my garden

Oh I'm so excited and happy. I spent the morning in the garden. For the last few weeks the kids and I have been following instructions from a friend on getting the garden ready. She has really green fingers and has taken us under her wing. She very kindly planted a couple of extra seeds of everything she is growing and today arrived at the house with boxes filled with tiny, beautiful seedlings for us.

my herbs all lined up (and a daisy the kids planted I can't bare to discard)
 She showed me how to transfer them into the ground and gave me instructions about watering and weeding and airing.
peas, blue berries, red and black currants and a goji berry bush

calendula, spring onions, cut and come again lettuces
 She helped me to imagine and space out the plants in the green house
nasturtiums, rocket and sweet corn

lettuce, tomatoes
 I feel so excited and happy to be gardening, I think I am really going to enjoy it and I think I am going to learn a great deal!
pepper
I'll keep you updated on how it is all fairing.
Oh the joys of it all!

4 comments:

  1. Your garden looks so full of potential! I was out inspecting our wee garden today and have noticed a plant springing to life. I'm positive that I planted it. Only.. I have no idea at all what it is. Oops. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's exactly how I feel, it might just be awesome, very excited and happy about it. well, you'll have an interesting surprise when whatever it is grows lol :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, so exciting! Looking good, Laura- can't wait to watch it grow!

    ReplyDelete