Wednesday, June 5, 2013

cowboy armadillo

Look at this!!
 A cowboy armadillo!
 Rebe took Benny's very special armadillo 'Sandy' away at bedtime into her room and during her quiet time she made him this brilliant cowboy outfit.
 She did it all by herself and brought him down to show me just now (where I grabbed him for some pictures) before tucking him into Benny's sleeping arms to surprise him in the morning.
 He has a hat, waistcoat complete with Sheriff's badge, button and belt all stitched carefully from wool felt.
I love his hat! I am in awe of this wee girl's ability to make things. Nothing is too big a challenge she has an undoubting confidence in her sewing ability that I admire so greatly.
Well done dear Rebe, Benny will be so thrilled :-)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is the cutest thing! Rebe is such a creative girl, and such a sweet gesture to make this for her brother while he was sleeping- such sweetness you have in your home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know they are very lovely with each other, it makes it a very happy home to live in :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh Rebe, it is perfect! WOnderful job, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah! I'm dying of cute over here! My first thought (before I read the text) was Indiana Jones as an armadillo! Perfect! (:

    That Rebe, she sure is talented. No wonder - I mean, look at her mother. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i thought you'd like it Melissa, yes dear old Sandy and Mama Sandy are so well loved, x x x

      Delete