Sunday, June 30, 2013

take along mouse house

Rebe has been invited to a wee friend's birthday party tomorrow. We put our heads together and came up with a present she will hopefully like:
A take along mouse house :-)
it folds up and buttons with a little wooden button like a handbag

the mouse house and Katie's mouse

cooking in the kitchen

relaxing in the living room

running a nice hot bath
mouse bliss
tucked up in bed :-)

 I probably had way too much fun making this gift. I used lots of scraps of felt and fabric. The mouse herself is white felt stuffed with a little sheep's wool. I designed each room on paper then found the right pieces of fabric and machined them all together. The whole thing is backed on a firmer weave fabric to give it a bit of strength and durability.
I hope the birthday girl will get much joy and pleasure from it :-)

15 comments:

  1. Oh that's so cute! I especially love the mouse in the bath :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I have so many ideas now for these play scenes, thinking armadillo's and special agent cat head quarters and the like for my kids :-)

      Delete
  2. I saw this on facebook, it's so cute! May have to steal this idea, I've seen some on pinterest but this is the kind of style I would be able to achieve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh definitely sam, give it a go, I had so much fun making it :-)

      Delete
  3. This is lovely, you are so clever, I would love to make something like this. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, that's adorable! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure the little girl will love it! One of my treasures is a fabric book my mom made for me as a toddler. It had all kinds of fasteners to work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she was thrilled with it, that sounds like a wonderful treasure! my mum made us a woodland scene, the tree zippered open, there were flowers to be tied or buttoned on, a velcro rabbit and a hook and eye owl. I was so delighted when she made one for our kids too :-)

      Delete
  6. Oh I love it! I want to make something like that for my little guy when we go to church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good idea, I'd say they'd be great for trips and things like that too, I wish I'd thought of it earlier and had time to make one for the kids before leaving for our holiday tomorrow...never mind :-)

      Delete
  7. oh my gosh! that is so sweet.<3

    ReplyDelete