Thursday, January 6, 2011

2nd star on the left and straight on til morning

It all started with these buttons. I saw them and just couldn't resist them for Rebe who is a huge Peter Pan fan and has been for nearly 3 years now.

I also had lots of green yarn. Way back in August we went to a fair day at which there was a bit of a jumble sale. One of the finds I had was 2 bags of knitting, one a green cardi and one a yellow jumper. Both of these were only half knitted and then abandoned, as the yarn was 100% wool it was too good to pass up for a couple of euros. These were some of the 'bits'. I unravelled the work someone had done and had a big ball of gorgeous dark green real wool. All I needed now was a pattern. I had in my head that I wanted to knit her a cardi with a leaf pattern yoke and raglan sleeve. I just couldn't find what I was looking for though, so I decided to bite the bullet and just go for it, making it up as I went along.

I really wanted to have a leaf pattern yoke , so I looked on ravelry for a leaf pattern to copy. I found this one and then just went for it. It worked out well, I think I could've made the whole thing a little bigger, but over all I'm really pleased with it and more to the point so is Rebe.










There's been lots of playing going on here....

lots of duplo,

beeswax modeling.


Of course some of the best 'play' is real life stuff.

Now I'm without a knitting project, however I do four little dolls waiting to be dressed so I'll not be without one for long.
hugs x

5 comments:

  1. I adore those buttons and the finished cardi is just gorgeous! Lucky Rebe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We finished our green sweaters at nearly the same time! I love how Rebe's came out!!! Oh gosh, it is spectacular!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks liz! i'll be getting more buttons from that shop, they're really fabby!
    I love Asa's one and the strawberry hat is brilliant Melanie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How adorable. I wish I could knit. Glad the buttons were a hit!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete