Thursday, August 25, 2011

homemade toys

I thought that I'd share a few of things that we have made here over the past few days :-) a super-hero made by Rebe. I love his red socks and his bubble wrap cape!


a cat made by me and decorated by Rebe. She requested this and it is made out of newspaper and brown tape. I'm not sure why she put the plastic over the mouth I assume to stop the smile from rubbing off...it has a bit of a Hannibal Lecter look to me.

She requested it as I was making Benny a steering wheel out of newspaper and brown tape for the favourite toy of the week:


His car. complete with driving gloves and key.



Essential buttons, knobs and switches.





This is Joa's old moses basket and it is one of the non-toys most played with in our house.

I've also been doing a bit of knitting. I'm happy to be knitting again, I feel autumn in the air and I have a list of small people's body parts that I want to cover in wool :-)


This hat is from the Children's Year. I changed the neck line though to make it a snugger, more cosy fit. The size given was for 1 - 6 years (!?!) so I just knit it with no-one in particular in mind and thought I'd just see who it fit the best.




Benny was the winner (slightly annoying as Benny is the person who needs a new hat the least).




But he looks too cute in it to refuse :-)









Oh I love rainbow stripes!

And my current work in progress...



A wee cardigan for a custom order dolly :-)

What have you been making?

7 comments:

  1. We have made you a secret message - so give us your address and we will send it on to you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab hat! Super cosy for the coming winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Laura, I so love that car- and everything about this post. I love that rainbow hat, I have stopped and started that very hat more times than I can count. Now that I see how darling it is I should try again! Asa would look sweet in it too, like Benny does.
    HUGs and I'll keep you updated on how we weather Hurricane Irene! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just LOVE that hat! No call for it here I'm afraid. And despite loving our weather, it does seem a bit of a shame!
    Thanks for popping by my blog. I'm loving it over here too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some most excellent makings and creations!

    ReplyDelete