Friday, June 1, 2012

Buddies ~ wooden blocks

***In September 2011 6 families got together and started Buddies Home School. Each week we meet in each other's home and follow a simple rhythm: movement and music, craft/ baking, snack time, free play and story time. Each part of the session is led by a different family. We are sharing this week's session with you here...***

Susan led our music session with 2 new really lovely songs. One about water and the other about driving in a car. She had brought the music on CD for us to sing along to. 

We used bowls as steering wheels and drove all around the kitchen. It was so much fun :-)

For our craft activity we made wooden blocks. These are so lovely and I know they will get lots of play. Zoe had brought a bag of blocks roughly cut to size and showed us how to use sand paper to smooth the edges.
 It was a really lovely tactile activity

 and worked well for them at all ages..
 Once the blocks were sanded we decorated them with coloured pencils and crayons


 and tried them out straight away...
 they make great castles :-)
 As the weather was good we stayed outside (well everyone did apart from me. I suddenly felt really ill and had to go and lie down leaving the others to it. Luckily it was at my house and Andy was around which meant I could just go off)
 Flo read the story
Molly and the storm, and it looks as though the kids loved it
 And Andy too ;-)

 There was a wee time for play before finishing off with our 'goodbye song'
Sorry for going missing girls, but it looks like you had fun x

3 comments:

  1. Wow you buddies certainly do have fun. I love the photo of Andy sat with all the children :)
    Hope you are feeling better. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. feel loads better now thanks sue, I loved finding that picture of him on my camera too :-)

      Delete
  2. I want to come to your Buddies group :) I wish I had more Waldorf families here. I feel like it's just me and the friends I have introduced to Waldorf myself. Ah, I can dream!!!

    ReplyDelete