Tuesday, August 3, 2010

soup

Rebe has been really keen to cook something all by herself, so yesterday I let her cook the soup for supper. She followed the recipe from this book. It's a basic 'chuck in whatever you have in the house recipe', but it shows in pictures step by step how to make it. So I got her whatever she couldn't reach and left her to it (apart from helping with any really difficult or dangerous bits of course). cutting onions with eye protection
putting it all in the pot

mmm yummy!
It was actually really delicious, she even took some to our neighbour to show off her culinary skills. But more than that she was so proud of having cooked a meal!


look at this tiny, tiny snail we found! According to Benny it's a 'funny, funny' one.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness I have never seen a snail that tiny!
    We don't seem to have snails here. . .maybe we do and I have never seen one. We do have slugs.
    I will never cease to be amazed by that little Rebe!

    ReplyDelete